Thursday, December 19, 2013

Basara

Okay, so weekly update plan sooooooooooooooo failed. Oh well, what can you say? I've decided that my reviews seem long and I can't give out much recommendations because I don't want to write them. Why? Because the are so. Fricking. Long.

This is why I will make my reviews SHORTER. Thus, giving out MORE recommendations. Thus, having MORE fun. Thus, actually DOING something with this. Thus,......idk. But ima shorten this shit and actually give you reverse harem recommendations. YES! Plus, I can detail reviews later when I'm still searching. You understand how hard it is to find all these things, right? Good ones, no less.

BUT ANYWAYS a while ago, I read this wicked manga called Basara (Cue the eyerolling. It's the title of this entry. I know) and well......IT'S A REVERSE HAREM. WHOO! I was just reading it for the plot but....hey. More guys=more choices. And I like choices. Basara is probably the first romance manga that I've just stumbled across and found out that was actually an ANIME made based on it. Granted, the anime is old and only has like 13 episodes (which does absolutely NOTHING to the deep, plot-twisting, page-turning, 100+ chapter manga) but it looks pretty decent.

Now, it's been quite a while since I've read Basara but instead of just ripping off the summary like I usually do, I'm going to give you my summary.

Many years after the world survived an apocalypse, Japan has turned back to a system of kings. During that time, a baby dubbed "Boy of Destiny" was prophesied to unite all of Japan together. However, Sarasa, the female twin of the "Boy of Destiny", must fill in the void her brother left when the Red King kills him. Sarasa, fueled with her motive for revenge, journeys over Japan to gain allies to defeat the Red King, but she eventually finds out that maybe there is a bigger cause to fight than to get just mere revenge for her brother and village. Maybe what she is fighting for is not to right the past but to better the future.

That was my poor excuse of a summary, but what can I say?

The reason I'm mentioning this manga/anime? Well I'm glad you asked! The reason is:

a.) Awesome story. Did not see some of the plot twisters coming, the pacing is good, character development is superb, and, omg, THE FEELS. You will understand me once you READ IT

b.) GET YOU'RE OTOME PROSPECTS RIGHT HERE. ONLY 3 LEFT IN STOCK! THE ELEGANT, EVER-SUPPORTING FRIEND THAT YOU CAN DEPEND ON! OR MAYBE YOUR TYPE IS THE MANIPULATIVE BITCH GUY THAT'S ACTUALLY DECENT IN THE END? BUT WAIT! A COCKY, KINDA-CUTE-ACTUALLY, SWEETHEART-IN-THE-END TYPE? OHMYGOSH. But that's not the point. All these guys have a back story that gives them a real life quality and at the end of the day, you just want to hug and comfort them. Trust me. Tears will be shed. And hearts will be broken, for you want ALL of them to end up with Sarasa.

c.) The protagonist is freakin' awesome. She's so true and actually develops. She makes mistakes like you and me. You can connect to her. She has her insecurities and her "NOOOOOOOOOO, DON'T DO THAT" moments, but that's what life is about and that is what is so special about this manga. It's not just a war against good and bad. It reads deeper and lets you see the perspective of others. Not everybody sees the leader's way as the right way. Plus, she can fight? CHA-CHING! But anyways, SHE IS FREAKING AWESOME

Ahem- as I was saying - I recommend this manga to those of you who love reverse harems and can withstand more fighting than romance (it comes later, but we've got to keep our priorities straight) and those who can hang on to a 100+ chapter manga. I prefer longer mangas so that I can enjoy it longer.

That's pretty much it. Look forward to more review from me!

P. S. "Demons" by Imagine Dragons is practically tailored for Shuuri. You will understand what I mean. I was just listening to it randomly when I was reading the later chapters of Basara and...the water works turned on by itself. I swear. But listen when you understand what I mean. Or just listen to the song. The lyrics and music is great anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment