Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tokyo Crazy Paradise

GUYS, I'M ACTUALLY BAAAAACK!!! But that's not what I'm here for. Now for the review.

Tokyo Crazy Paradise is about Japan in the future (I promise, the whole in-the-future stuff is just a coincidence. I don't have a fetish). In this future, it's not uncommon for females to be sexually assaulted by men, so to keep Tsukasa safe, her mom raised her up as a boy. After her parents died doing their duty, Tsukasa and her three brothers are stuck on the streets. To make matters worse, Tsukasa has to work as a bodyguard to pay off a huge fine to a young yakuza boss who will do everything to keep her by his side. But what's with that style of fighting? Could there be more to Tsubasa that meets the eye?

Okay, guys, I'm not gonna lie. The other two guys come later in the story and it really focuses on Ryuji (Sandaime is what everyone calls him) and Tsukasa but....IT STILL COUNTS. THE OTHER TWO GUYS LIKE HER TOO SO IT HAS REVERSE HAREM QUALITIES. But the plot, humor, and action makes it worth reading.

Plot-wise...I love it. You never know what happens next. Well, okay, maybe you do but that's not the point. When, I first started reading TCP, I thought it focused on humor and Tsukasa's relationship with Sandaime, but in the end there was more. I won't say anything, but this...Did not see that coming!

Humor.....Omg, Tsukasa and Sandaime are always so funny together. Tsukasa is already so funny, but then you have Sandaime force-feeding her and making her break stuff to increase the debt. Not only that but his face while doing all that so freakin' straight, it's funny. I laughed so much....

Tsukasa is an awesome protagonist. She holds justice high but is strong at the same time. I love seeing her fight! She looks so cool when she does! She. Kicks. Butt.

Okay, as for guys, you obviously have Sandaime. Nobody can resist him. I'm serious, I loved the guy. He's such a great match for Tsukasa! But as the story develops, you have a cop who's very caring, insanely strong, and who has an uncanny ability to recognize anybody after seeing them once. Then...the enemy. I'm not gonna lie, he's hot. But...ya.....You learn to love (yet hate) him anyways. All the guys are handsome. There's you're reverse harem.

If the art looks familiar, it's because the mangaka of Skip Beat also wrote TCP. In my opinion, TCP is better but that's just me. See if you like it! Even if it wasn't a reverse harem towards the end, Tokyo Crazy Paradise is worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment