Sunday, January 25, 2015

Debate: Story 1

Once upon a time...I was in seventh grade. And this, is the start of my debate career.

So some time ago, I was in seventh grade and my mom wanted me join the debate club and student council. Luckily, I somehow got out of joining student council, but...that was the case for debate. Eventually, I had to go to see the teacher for debate, but I didn't know how to get there so I asked a girl who I sort of knew how to get to the room to join debate. I was still hoping to get out of debate. She happened to like to debate. Yeaaaaaaah. So in the end, she took me to T-whatever and I signed up. The teacher asked if I was dedicated and the girl vouched for me. Internally, I was like 'NOOOOOO' because I didn't want to be in debate, but at the same time I was like 'Yes, I am a quick learner.' So that's how I joined the debate team. And that girl? She happens to be one of my best friends now. I guess it was fate that I joined debate because it's my life now. And I've met my best friend because of it. Who knew all this would happen just because I asked her where T-whatever was?

No comments:

Post a Comment